- The Official Program includes several short narrative passages, including “Aerial View of Washington” and a guide to “Your Nation’s Capitol.”
- The Official Program includes short biographies of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Herbert Hoover. Of the latter, the Program notes “[Hoover] is recognized throughout the world as a great American — an unselfish untiring public servant, revered by his friends and respected by his foes. Few men have done more for their country than this Iowa-born patriot, who has served his fellow-Americans almost continuously since the outbreak of the first World War.” Hoover was 78 years old on Inauguration Day, 1953.
- The theme of the Inauguration was “Crusade in America.”
- The Program highlights both the Eisenhower and the Nixon families, with separate biographies for “Mrs. Dwight D. Eisenhower” and “Mrs. Richard M. Nixon.”
- Chief Justice Fred Vinson administered the Presidential Oath of Office and Eisenhower swore the oath on two Bibles – George Washington’s Bible and Eisenhower’s own “West Point” Bible.