Obverse: Portrait of President Donald Trump / “Donald J. Trump”
Reverse: Enameled American Flag / “Make America Great Again”
Edgemark: Medalcraft Mint – Green Bay, Wisconsin
Designer: Staff (Unidentified at time of posting)
Medallist: Medalcraft Mint
Mintage: 10,000 Bronze
- The 2017 Official Inaugural Medal is the first to feature colored enamel. The reverse of the Medal presents a red, white and blue American flag.
- Many contemporaneous reports suggested the Trump Inaugural Committee might forego the tradition of striking an Official Inaugural Medal. However, the Committee selected Medalcraft Mint and considered a variety of designs before selecting and distributing the Medal.
- In September of 2017, the Trump Inaugural Committee began selling online Inaugural Medals struck by Medalcraft. While the listing did not identify the medals as “official,” many commentators have concluded that the product is President Trump’s Official Inaugural Medal.
- The 2017 Official Inaugural Medal includes a wooden stand, but no paperwork or written material. The blue and gold box is stamped with the words “Trump Pence / Make America Great Again”
- Medalcraft Mint produced several designs for the Official Medal. One such design was selected by the Ohio Republican Party for a special striking. This unofficial medal includes a portrait of President Trump on the obverse under the words “Donald J. Trump.” The reverse features the Presidential Seal encircled by the words “Forty-Fifth President of the United States of America / Inaugurated January 20, 2017.”